Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Marionberry Quinoa Mini Bread Loafs
1 Tbsp honey
3/4 C cooked quinoa
3/4 C milk
2 C whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 C marionberry, cut into large chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together butter, honey, and quinoa.
3. Slowly mix in milk, once combined fold in marionberries
4. In a seperate mixing bowl, mix together flour and baking soda
5. Add dry ingredients slowly, and mix until well combined
6. Batter will be sticky, so coat your hands with flour and separate dough into 6 round balls
7. Place dough balls on a greased cookie sheet and cook for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
Optional Lemon Drizzle:
2 tsp lemon juice
1/3 C powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk
1. Mix all ingredients, until well combined
2. Drizzle over warm mini loafs
3. Allow drizzle to harden before serving
(inspired by Blueberry Quinoa Scones by Once a Month Mom)