6 smoked sausage links
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 onion, cut into chunks
4 cloves garlic, minced
Dash of cayenne pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 C white wine
3 C tomato sauce
1 1/2 C chicken stock
1. Place whole sausages in a stock pot with an inch of water and 1 tbsp olive oil. Bring to a boil and let water cook off allowing the sausages to fully cook and get a little crispy on the outside.
2. Remove the sausage once water and oil is cooked off and them set aside.
3. Place 1 tbsp olive oil, pepper, onion, garlic, and cayenne pepper in the same stock pot and cook for 10 minutes on medium or until veggies are soft and onions are translucent.
4. Add tomato paste, wine, tomato sauce and chicken stock. Stirring to incorporate the tomato paste.
5. Cut sausage at an angle into large chunks and add to boiling soup
6. Let boil for 2 minutes and serve.
(Inspired by Sausage, Pepper, Onion One Pot, by Rachel Ray)