5 cloves elephant garlic, roasted (recipe to follow)
2 roma tomatoes, diced
5 artichoke hearts, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 C mushrooms, chopped
2 small zucchini, sliced and halved
1 chicken breast, diced and cooked (optional)
2 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
White Sauce (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Roll pizza dough to the size of a cookie sheet. Roll edges to create a crust and place in preheated oven for 10 minutes to rise and crisp.
3. Pour white sauce on crust and spread to the rolled edges. Start layering on veggies in whatever order you would like. Top with cheese.
4. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
1. Peel garlic leaving one layer of skin on them and leaving them in the bulb
2. Cut off the tops of the garlic and place each bulb in a muffin tin
3. Drizzle with olive oil and cover with foil
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes
1 C whole milk
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp wheat flour
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 cloves elephant garlic, roasted (recipe to follow)
1. Slowly warm milk in a small saucepan
2. In a separate saucepan melt the butter. When melted add the flour and stir until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk, pepper and cayenne. Cook until it comes to a boil and thickens.
3. Place sauce and garlic cloves in a blender and blend until smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes before placing on the pizza.
(inspired by Roasted Garlic White Pizza with Garlic Sauce, by Emeril Lagasse)