10 oz frozen chopped broccoli
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
3 boneless/skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded, seasoned as desired
3 C cooked brown rice
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 C milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 C sour Cream
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook broccoli according to packaging and layer in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with pepper and cover with 1/2 cup cheese
2. In a medium skillet, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepa, melt butter and whisk in flour. Once mixed, whisk in milk until it thickens, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and sour cream. Set aside.
4. Layer onions on top of broccoli followed by shredded chicken. Cover with 1/2 cup cheese
5. Top chicken with rice, followed by the sauce and cover with remaining cheese.
6. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
To Freeze: Follow instructions 1-5 and cover with foil. When you are ready to heat, let the meal defrost in the fridge and bake at 400 for 20 minutes once thawed.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
(inspired by Chicken Divan, by Diana Rattray)